- Qualified from Newcastle University in 2005
- Owned his own dental practices since 2010
- Diploma in Restorative Dentistry from the Faculty of General Dental Practice
- Certificate (obtained) and Diploma (in progress) in Implantology from the Cambridge Academy of Dental Implantology
- Primary care dental champion for the Clinical Research Network
- Honorary Treasurer for the Faculty of General Dental Practice (Northern Division)
- Committee member for North East Private Dentists
Melbourne absolutely loves his profession! In addition to practising dentistry and developing specialist skills such as implantology, Melbourne is involved in the research of patient experience and is currently working with Newcastle University, sponsored by the National Institute of Health Research, to find new innovative ways of using technology to improve patient understanding of treatments.
When Melbourne is not practising dentistry, you will find him cooking a delicious elaborate meal, or hooked to a rugby match or Formula One. He’s also dad – and stepdad – to three children, and loves getting out and about walking in the beautiful Northumberland countryside with the kids and two dogs in tow.